MUSIC ANALYSIS: LISTENING BEYOND HEARING STUDENT BOOK 4E
A comprehensive Music Analysis text designed especially for Units 1-4 VCE Music Performance and Music Style and Composition students. It presents subject specific vocabulary, practice analyses, strategies and resources to improve students’ analytical...Show more...
- ISBN: 9780648533535
- Author: Jenny Gillan
- Publication Date: 2019
- Publisher: Jenny Gillan
- Product Type: Textbook
- Format: Paperback
- Edition: Fourth
- Shipping Info
A comprehensive Music Analysis text designed especially for Units 1-4 VCE Music Performance and Music Style and Composition students. It presents subject specific vocabulary, practice analyses, strategies and resources to improve students’ analytical skills. This resource reflects the author's expertise as honed within diverse teaching situations over more than a decade. Although developed for the Victorian VCE Curriculum, it has wider application and has been used extensively throughout Australia and overseas.
Listening Beyond Hearing is available in the following formats:
Student print book & eBook, Teacher book & eBook or as a combination of these in a bundle.
The fourth edition of Listening Beyond Hearing includes new chapters on:
o A full chapter of ‘quick fire’ exercises to reinforce analytical skills
Listening Beyond Hearing also includes:
· Carefully chosen words to describe musical character as well as strategies to make meaningful links between the elements of music and the creation of musical character.
· Sample responses and answers in the teacher’s resources.
· Chapters on melody, rhythm, tone colour, texture, blend & balance of instrumental voices, dynamics, articulation, harmony, form and the comparison of styles.
· Mnemonics and summaries of the elements of music to aid memorisation of terms.
· Musical examples of diverse styles, including a large number of Australian works.
· Sample analytical responses and activities.
· Extensive glossary.
· Hyperlinks to musical examples on the internet.
· Specially composed and arranged examples of music demonstrating the features of various textures and harmony.
· Structured and open activities designed to develop listening skills.
If an item is discontinued or temporarily out of stock a customer service representative will contact you.Postage & Handling
All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are intended for shipment within Australia. The following postage charges apply (please note these are only a guide, postage may differ):
- $7.95 for 1 or 2 small items only Australia wide
- $11.95 for larger orders Australia wide
Occasionally we will have special postage discounts or offers. These will automatically be applied at checkout and may change without notice.Tracking
All items are sent via Australia Post or Fastway Couriers. A tracking number will be sent via SMS or email once your order has been completed so you can track your parcel.
Are you a Teacher?
Apply for a School Account and you could qualify for a discount and free postage for your order.
Similar Products to MUSIC ANALYSIS: LISTENING BEYOND HEARING STUDENT BOOK 4E
9780975076400 | $69.95
9781458650962 | $23.50
9781458650979 | $23.50
9780170368360 | $89.95
9780170365628 | $86.95