ANCIENT ROME FOR SENIOR STUDENTS
Ancient Rome for Senior Students is a topic book suited to students of Senior Ancient History in Queensland. It provides detailed studies on five themes from the syllabus. STUDENTS: PRODUCT: CONTENTS 1 A study of political centrism in Rome : Republ...Show more...
- ISBN: 9780170134620
- Author: Dr Glenn Davies
- Publication Date: 2008
- Publisher: Cengage
- Product Type: Textbook
- Format: Paperback
- Shipping Info
Ancient Rome for Senior Students is a topic book suited to students of Senior Ancient History in Queensland. It provides detailed studies on five themes from the syllabus. STUDENTS: PRODUCT:
1 A study of political centrism in Rome : Republican Rome
- Background: The rise of the Roman Republic
- Focus Question 1: Why did Tiberius go to the Citizen Assembly first for approval of his land reforms?
- Focus Question 2: What were the different sources of political power in the late Roman Republic?
- Focus Question 3: What circumstances led the three most powerful Roman politicians to agree to an amicitia (political friendship)?
- Focus question 4: Did Caesar want to be king of Rome?
- Skill: Writing a paragraph
2 Studies of everyday life during the late Roman Republic and early Roman Empire: Lives of people in Ancient Rome
- Background: Family life in ancient Rome.
- Focus question 1: What role did the City of Rome play in political life during the late Republic?
- Focus question 3: What was meant by ‘bread and circuses?
- Focus question 4: What was the purpose of festivals and feasts?
- Focus question 5: Why did the Romans feel no guilt in keeping slaves?
- Skill: Referencing
3 Studies of personalities in history: Roman Emperors of the first century AD
- Background: The Julio-Claudian imperial household
- Focus Question 1: Why did the Senate accept Augustus claim that he was restoring the republic?
- Focus question 2: Why was Tiberius very unpopular?
- Focus question 3: What brought about the change in Caligulas personality?
- Focus question 4: Why was Claudius considered an enigma?
- Focus question 5: Why was Nero one of the worst Roman emperors of the Roman Empire?
- Skill: Writing an analytical essay in test conditions
4 Studies of archaeology, studies of technologies, innovations and inventions: Roman genius
- Focus question 1: What was the secret to the success of the Roman army?
- Focus question 2: What was the effect of Roman engineering?
- Focus question 3: Did “all roads lead to Rome”?
- Focus question 5: How were coins ancient advertising?
- Skill: Writing a feature article
5 Studies of religion: Study of beliefs in ancient Rome
- Background: Religions in the Roman Empire
- Focus question 1: Why did the Romans consider the Emperor divine?
- Focus question 2: How did Christianity begin?
- Focus question 3: Why were Christians persecuted?
- Focus question 4: Was the conversion of Constantine a turning point for Christianity?
- Background: A study of Europe in transition
- Focus Question 5: Christianity in the Middle Ages
- Skill: Preparing a multi-modal presentation
If an item is discontinued or temporarily out of stock a customer service representative will contact you.Postage & Handling
All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are intended for shipment within Australia. The following postage charges apply (please note these are only a guide, postage may differ):
- $7.95 for 1 or 2 small items only Australia wide
- $11.95 for larger orders Australia wide
Occasionally we will have special postage discounts or offers. These will automatically be applied at checkout and may change without notice.Tracking
All items are sent via Australia Post or Fastway Couriers. A tracking number will be sent via SMS or email once your order has been completed so you can track your parcel.
Are you a Teacher?
Apply for a School Account and you could qualify for a discount and free postage for your order.
Similar Products to ANCIENT ROME FOR SENIOR STUDENTS
9780170122153 | $67.50
9780170127974 | $70.95
9780170130127 | $38.50
9780170133029 | $70.95
9780340658598 | $47.95