JACARANDA PRIMARY ATLAS 4E FOR THE AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM
The Jacaranda Primary Atlas 4e has taken up the exciting opportunity to revise its contents to meet the requirements of the Australian Curriculum: Geography. Retaining its mapping excellence and graded skill development, the atlas presents a wealth o...Show more...
- ISBN: 9781118615232
- Publication Date: 2013
- Edition: Fourth
- Shipping Info
The Jacaranda Primary Atlas 4e has taken up the exciting opportunity to revise its contents to meet the requirements of the Australian Curriculum: Geography. Retaining its mapping excellence and graded skill development, the atlas presents a wealth of gazetteer and thematic maps, new case studies and fully updated statistics that address the curriculum content descriptions for Years 3-6.
• Includes important innovations such as satellite images, enhanced subcontinental maps, case studies and coverage of critical global themes and issues
• Map keys are clear and accessible for primary students and help develop map skills
• Cross-curriculum priorities are a focus in the case studies for Australia and the World sections
• Students are encouraged to be active and informed citizens through a Let’s help feature.
• Students are introduced to basic map interpretation and geospatial skills through stimulating resources and activities.
• Where relevant, statistics and other data have been updated
• Specific map reading skills are explained using real examples
• Skill development is reinforced with a range of activities.
Satellite images of continents give students a bird’s-eye view of the world, while new case studies explore natural and human features, geographical and cultural diversity and issues relating to the ways humans interact with their environments. Additional thematic pages provide an engaging reference on topics such as climate, endangered species, culture and World Heritage.
This section comprehensively informs students about their own country. Detailed maps of each state and territory are supported by Geofacts and case studies appropriate to primary school students and curriculum themes. Australia’s natural and human features, resources and their sustainable use, care for special places, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and our connections with other countries are featured throughout this section.
QR codes feature throughout the Atlas so students and teachers can quickly access relevant online content and weblinks.
Simply scan the QR code with an iPad or tablet to access the web material.
(QR reader required. QR readers are available free on the App Store and Google Play.)
If an item is discontinued or temporarily out of stock a customer service representative will contact you.Postage & Handling
All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are intended for shipment within Australia. The following postage charges apply (please note these are only a guide, postage may differ):
- $7.95 for 1 or 2 small items only Australia wide
- $11.95 for larger orders Australia wide
Occasionally we will have special postage discounts or offers. These will automatically be applied at checkout and may change without notice.Tracking
All items are sent via Australia Post or Fastway Couriers. A tracking number will be sent via SMS or email once your order has been completed so you can track your parcel.
Are you a Teacher?
Apply for a School Account and you could qualify for a discount and free postage for your order.