A+ NATIONAL LITERACY PRACTICE TESTS YEAR 7
A+ National Literacy Practice Tests Years 7 and 9 are workbooks that provide students with a series of practice tests as well as comprehensive information and example responses on the Reading, Writing and Language Conventions sections of the Years 7 ...Show more...
- ISBN: 9780170181754
- Author: Lynne Marsh, Wendy Bodey, Virginia Ayliffe, Julie Mitchell
- Publication Date: 2010
- Publisher: Cengage
- Product Type: Workbook Or Activity Book
- Format: Paperback
- Edition: First
- Shipping Info
A+ National Literacy Practice Tests Years 7 and 9 are workbooks that provide students with a series of practice tests as well as comprehensive information and example responses on the Reading, Writing and Language Conventions sections of the Years 7 and 9 NAPLAN^ Literacy tests.
A+ National Literacy Practice Tests Years 7 and 9 are designed to give students an overview of the key skills in each section, and provide detailed test advice on how to correctly identify test question types and how to complete the test under time pressure. These write-in-workbooks furthermore outline the different writing task text types and comes complete with annotations and scaffolded strategies to help students successfully complete this section in the national NAPLAN^ Years 7 and 9 Literacy tests.
^ This book is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN project and is produced by Cengage Learning independently of Australian Governments. STUDENTS: Year Level: 07 PRODUCT: Discipline: A+ National | Series: A+ National Literacy Tests | Subject: Literacy Tests
Summary notes are provided on the following topics.
- Text types
- Sample writings with annotations
- Strategies and templates on how to approach the writing task
- Text types and audiences
- Extracting information
- Sample reading responses with annotations
- Strategies and templates on how to approach the reading task
- Sample answers with annotations
- Strategies and templates on how to approach the language conventions task
- Assessment Methodology
- Assessment criteria
- Test types and the different assessment methodologies used
- Test taking strategies for multiple-choice questions
- Structure of multiple choice tests
- How to approach multiple-choice tests
- The process of elimination for multiple-choice questions and identifying distractors
- Common problems with multiple-choice questions and debunking common conceptions and myths
- Test taking strategies for open-ended questions
Structure: short-answer vs literacy writing task questions
- How to approach open-ended tests
- Common problems with open-ended questions
- Reducing test anxiety
- How to write under test conditions and finish on time: solving common problems that prevent students from achieving their best.
After the test : useful advice for students, teachers and other stakeholders
Each book contains 12 practice tests including:
- two practice tests for Writing and Language Conventions
- four Reading practice tests for the Narrative, Recount, Expository and Informative stimulus text types
- two full-length sets of tear-out tests. Each set includes three tests, one for each area: Writing, Reading and Language Conventions. Students may use one set for practice, and one to hand in.
If an item is discontinued or temporarily out of stock a customer service representative will contact you.Postage & Handling
All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are intended for shipment within Australia. The following postage charges apply (please note these are only a guide, postage may differ):
- $7.95 for 1 or 2 small items only Australia wide
- $11.95 for larger orders Australia wide
Occasionally we will have special postage discounts or offers. These will automatically be applied at checkout and may change without notice.Tracking
All items are sent via Australia Post or Fastway Couriers. A tracking number will be sent via SMS or email once your order has been completed so you can track your parcel.
Are you a Teacher?
Apply for a School Account and you could qualify for a discount and free postage for your order.